The Tikva House is a “home away from home” for patients and their families. The Tikva House is comprised of 7 suites and offers affordable short and long-term housing for Johns Hopkins patients and their caregivers. Outpatients must have a caregiver stay with them, and caregivers must be 18 years or older.
Patient and Visitor Services
- International Patient Services Outpatient Center, Suite 1080, 410-955-8032; Monday–Friday, 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Assists with the special needs of international patients and families, including assistance in obtaining medical appointments, lodging, travel, transportation, interpreters and financial arrangements.
Kosher Food Service
- Van Gough Cafe - vangoughcafe.com • 300 S. Ann St., Fells Point, MD 21231 • (410) 558-1958 (supervised by Rabbi Tzvi Weiss)
Lost and Found Security Office
- Harvey 109, 24 hours, 410-955-5588
Sign Language Interpreting
- Deaf and hearing impaired patients can arrange for sign language interpreters or use a TTY (410-502-6217) through the Admitting Office on Zayed Ground. TTY also located in Outpatient Center, Main Level information desk, and Patient Relations Office, Carnegie 100.
- Johns Hopkins has a team of professional interpreters fluent in more than 30 languages. 410-614-4685
- Vary according to the different hospital units. If you are a patient, or a family member or friend of a patient, ask the nurse on your floor for visiting hours.
- Available at entrances to the hospital, Outpatient Center, Weinberg and 550 buildings.
- Johns Hopkins maintains round-the clock security with Protective Services Officers who continuously patrol all areas of the campus.
- For security assistance, call 410-955-5585.
Parking and Transportation Services
- Visitor Parking is available at the Orleans Garage (1795 Orleans Street) across the street from the Main Entrance of the hospital, and also at the McElderry
- Garage (Outpatient Center Garage) located on McElderry Street just off Caroline Street.
- Valet Parking is available at the Hospital’s main entrance on Orleans Street; the Outpatient Center (Outpatient Center circle); and the Weinberg Building on Jefferson Street (Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center). Phone: 410-955-5333.
- Discounted Parking Coupons are available for patients and visitors who need parking for extended periods. Coupons may be purchased at the Cashier’s Office in the Main Lobby of the Zayed Tower (Ground Level); the Nelson Building (Nelson 161); the Outpatient Center Cashier’s Office; the Weinberg Admitting Office; the McElderry Garage (Outpatient Center Garage); and the Orleans Garage.
- Shuttle Services On-call service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week within the perimeters of the East Baltimore medical campus. Scheduled shuttle service to the Johns Hopkins Bayview medical campus and Green Spring Station operates on weekdays only. For information on departure/arrival times and wheelchair accessibility, call the Transportation Office at 410-502-6880 (Monday–Friday, 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.).
- Walking Escorts Protective Services Officers provide a walking escort service around the clock to any point on the East Baltimore medical campus. To request a walking escort, call 410-955-5585.
- MTA Metro A full-service subway station is located between the Outpatient Center and the hospital at concourse level. Bus service is also available. 410-539-5000 or visit www.mtamaryland.com
- BWI Airport For shuttle service to and from BWI Airport, call Baltimore Shuttle Service at 800-258-3826.